Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 8 - a turning point in my life

It is the best of times, it is the worst of times; the national unemployment rate is  9% and on February 8, 2011, I resigned from my job.  This is either the best decision of my life or the worst decision of my life.  You see,  I don't even have a concrete plan in mind.  I just cut my safety net for the unknown. 

Jon and I applied for Peace Corps and we've been nominated to leave in July 2011.  The clincher is that it's not set in stone.  Something could still happen where we don't actually go.  We're probably not going to know much more than we do now until April.

So, why did I quit?  Well, in preparation for Peace Corps, in case we do go.  Jon and I are taking a huge road trip across the United States.  We want to say goodbye to all of our friends and family.  We need the time do that.  March 15 our lease is up and we are leaving Plattsburgh permanently.

What if we don't get into Peace Corps?  We have some back up plans, but no need to discuss that now.

So, from March 14 - July or so, we're homeless and living out of our car around the USA.  Check back for more.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, it's Kelly. What a great site! I'm so exicted for you and Jon on your adventure. Hope you guys have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete